The purpose of fellowship is to develop godly characteristics and to build up strong relationships in the Body of Christ. This includes evangelism, small group interaction, prayer and Bible exploration.
The 7 fold purpose of Koinonia (a communion, fellowship society):
- Scripture – for each member to be grounded on the Word of God. (2 Tim 3:16)
- Self-Disclipline – for each member to take responsibility of his own spiritual growth. (Psalm 37:4; Gal 5:22-23; Matt 6:33)
- Support – for each member to be willing to share, love, and support one another in prayer and deeds. (Heb 10:24)
- Stimulate – for each member to stimulate and encourage each other and make each other accountable for spiritual growth. (1 Thes 5:14)
- Stretch – for each member to enrich their lives by knowing others in the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:12-31)
- Strengthen – for each member to build each other up rather than to tear each other down. (Prov 15; James 3:5-12; Matt 7:16)
- Share – for each member to share the responsibilities of the fellowship group. (Gal 6:7)
Any person currently attending Cornerstone can participate in fellowship. Fellowship members should participate in the responsibilities and activities of the fellowship, such as bringing refreshments, teaching devotions and leading songs. Each fellowship member is also encouraged to participate in the major events of the church.
English Fellowships are divided by age groups: Koinonia Children (KC), Middle School, High School, College, and Adult. Generally, fellowships meet Friday evenings, Saturdays or Sundays. Please ask a host or an usher about which fellowship you should attend. For the Chinese speaking, Cantonese and Mandarin fellowships are available.